This is a self-paced and virtually delivered program designed to help small to medium sized businesses get involved with research and development.
About the program
With the help of experienced researchers and innovation experts, participants can examine their technical and/or business challenges, explore their R&D and innovation opportunities, and develop actionable business and funding plans. You will also increase your professional network and become part of the program alumni, receiving offers and information after the program.
Key program outcomes
The course will help you make informed business decisions as to whether the R&D project you’ve identified is right for you.
It will step you through how to:
- refine your innovation challenge question
- assess the viability of your innovation
- build your R&D business case
- prepare a strong funding application
As part of the course, you can expect:
- Practical outcomes: We’ll step you through how to turn your idea into viable R&D.
- Confidential feedback: All submissions will receive prompt expert feedback.
- A mentor: You will be paired with a researcher to connect you with experts in your field.
- To build your network: You will build key contacts in your sector.
Who can sign up?
- An Australian registered and operating business.
- A business classified as small to medium (less than 200 employees).
- A business currently, or in the early stages of, exploring R&D opportunities for their business.
- You must also be a business working in the sector of the advertised program.
Courses are currently offered in a range of high-priority sectors, including, but not limited to:
- Cyber Security
- Mining and Mining equipment, technology and services (METS)
- Circular economy
You must currently be working in the cohort sector either directly, or indirectly, such as providing cyber security solutions specifically to the agricultural sector. Please note, there may not be a course offered for every sector each year. Courses for other sectors may also be offered from time to time.
This is a high-demand program and places are limited. Register your interest for future intakes and receive notification of application open dates by subscribing.