More details coming soon…
Your Chance to Meet your Candidates for the upcoming local Government elections on March 28th.
Voters are offered an opportunity to hear and compare the policies and priorities of candidates for Mayor and Division 5 & 6 for the Scenic Rim Regional Council at a “Meet the Candidates” evening on Wednesday 18th March at the Boonah Cultural Centre.
Doors open at 6pm for a 7pm start. Voters are encouraged to submit written questions into the question box on the night before 6.30pm. Questions won’t be taken from the floor – written ones only.
Candidates will present a 3 minute speech each, followed by voters written questions, then a final 2 minute summing up.
Everyone is invited to attend on the night – entry is free. Expected to finish around 9pm.
TAFE Queensland is funding a Business Growth and Recovery program for ANY business in the Scenic Rim region.
The program focuses on equipping businesses with the key skill, knowledge and processes to initially stabilize their business through the drought and recent bus fires and then to grow their business to the next level including development of and/or access to:
• A Business plan (short term and medium term business strategy)
• Digital literacy including digital security, social media and a range of cloud computing solutions
• A Business Capability Statement and/or Company Profile
• Business case studies, testimonials and references
• Opportunity selection (go/no tool) and basic due diligence processes
• Advice on key business systems and documentation (eg: WHS system, HR, IT and Recordkeeping).
Business also have access to a maximum of ten hours confidential business coaching/mentoring at no charge.
This program commences Friday 1 November 2019 and we appreciate any assistance in recruitment for this program.
For more information click here
2020 Rural Women’s Award
Applications are now open for the 2020 AgriFutures Rural Women’s Award, Australia’s leading award in recognising the essential role women play in rural industries, businesses and communities.
The award provides an opportunity for women working in rural and regional industries, businesses and communities to secure funding for innovative projects, open doors to professional development and alumni networks to take the next step in their leadership journey.
Online applications close on 31 October 2019.
Visit AgriFutures for further information. https://www.agrifutures.com.au/people-leadership/rural-womens-award/
BOONAH CHRISTMAS STREET FESTIVAL
Thursday 19th December.
The Boonah District Chamber of Commerce in conjunction with sponsoring businesses are once again presenting the Boonah Christmas Street Festival.
This event would not be possible without your support and participation.
This year our theme is ‘’OVER A CENTURY BUYING LOCAL BUILT OUR TOWN”. You are encouraged to use a buy local theme for your float.
There will be 2 X $250 vouchers to be won, the categories are the best themed business, and the best themed community floats.
We appreciate your support and would ask that you complete the parade registration form to enable us to plan the procession to flow as smoothly as possible.
Details for the Festival are as follows:
Venue: Register with steward at the Boonah Show Grounds where formation will be determined and parade numbers will be allocated.
Date: Thursday 19th December 2019.
Time: Assemble at Showgrounds by 5pm. All floats and walkers must be positioned and ready for a 5.30 start from the Boonah Showgrounds.
Prize: 2 x $250 vouchers for the best themed community and business float.
Download a Registration Form Here, and please forward with any other enquiries to Margaret Fry firstname.lastname@example.org or for any additional information call 0417 425 127.
Strategic planning helps identify where you want to go and the most efficient way to get there. In business, it’s about uncovering opportunities and analysing the requirements for organisational success by ensuring efficient future allocation of:
• resources and physical assets such as staff, people, land, buildings, equipment, technology and IP.
The Department of State Development, Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning invites you to this workshop as part of its support to regional businesses. Attendees will learn how strategic planning can help them:
• set direction and identify organisational priorities
• ensure staff are working to consistent goals
• support and simplify business decision making
• align effort toward priorities
• communicate business priorities.
Attending this workshop will help you to:
• focus on your business’ vision and mission statement
• develop long term strategic thinking and areas for discussion by all levels of management
• establish longer-term time frames for work planning and engage staff on activities aligned with a strategic focus
• improve how and where resources are allocated and
• improve business decision making.
P.O. Box 350
07 5463 2033