About the Boonah District Chamber of Commerce
The Boonah District Chamber of Commerce Inc. was incorporated on 15th November 1995. We represent businesses from the Boonah & Fassifern district, including Aratula, Boonah, Harrisville, Kalbar, Mount Alford and Roadvale.
Chamber Members meet monthly at different business places within the district introducing the wider membership to the features of that particular business.
Our Member meetings are designed to cover our constitutional responsibilities whilst giving everyone plenty of time to socialise and network with other members over dinner.
Executive meetings are held monthly at the Australian Hotel where planning takes place to support upcoming community & district events.
Our feature event each year is our popular Christmas Street Festival where we encourage all businesses to get involved.
The Objectives of the Boonah District Chamber of Commerce
To increase business capability through training & support
To support local business through increasing commercial opportunities and engaging with community groups
To have a strong voice representing businesses through providing leadership and marketing Chamber services, creating an identity & networking
To leverage off the tourism trade – accessibility, natural resources, traditional country town culture and adventure sports
The Chamber actively supports our Members’ development by:
- Providing up-to-date information, professional development and upskilling opportunities.
- Providing a number of workshops, forums and seminars throughout the year.
- We can also assist our Members to access and apply for various Grants and Funding opportunities.
The Chamber advocates on behalf of our Members. It updates Members on issues affecting small business.
It raises the concerns of the local business community at local, State and Federal Government levels, providing a strong and united voice.
Recent representation includes requesting a speed limit reduction in Church Street.
The Chamber supported the SRRC with their application for funding to redevelop the Boonah town centre.
The Chamber supports networking by:
- Providing opportunities for Members to build strong networks amongst themselves.
- Holding monthly dinner meetings with networking opportunities.
- Encouraging local supply chain opportunities.
- Supporting the building of local business brands across the local business community.
Membership Year is Financial Year – 1st July to 30th June
3 Classes of Membership are available to suit your needs:
– Individual Member – $55
– Business/Corporation Member – $110 (1-10 Employees)
– Business/Corporation Member – $165 (10+ Employees)
Dates for the next meetings for 2020 to be advised:
Meetings are open to Members and their guests.
Meetings are a dinner and networking format.