The Department of Employment, Small Business and Training want to make sure Queensland businesses get the assistance they are eligible for following Queensland’s August 2021 lockdowns due to COVID-19.
To get the message out, we have prepared a toolkit with a newsletter article and social media tile for you to share among your networks.
We want them to know that COVID-19 Business Support Grants of $1,000 to $30,000 are available to all Queensland businesses affected during the lockdowns:
- $1,000 grants for sole traders and businesses without staff
- $10,000 grants for employing businesses with an annual payroll less than $1.3 million
- $15,000 grants for employing businesses with an annual payroll of $1.3 – $10 million
- $30,000 grants for tourism or hospitality businesses with staff and an annual payroll of more than $10 million.
If they have:
- a turnover of at least $75,000 a year (and are registered for GST)
- had a 30 per cent or greater drop in business over seven days, including at least one full day during lockdown.
The South East Queensland lockdown ran from 31 July – 8 August. The Cairns and Yarrabah lockdown was 8 – 11 August 2021.
More information about applying for these grants and who is eligible is available in the newsletter story provided.
Applications for the business grants are open until 16 November, and the sole trader grants will be open until 30 November 2021. Importantly, all eligible businesses who apply will receive funding.
More support options are available at Business Queensland or call the Small Business Hotline on 1300 654 687.
Additional tourism and hospitality support
In addition to the COVID-19 grants, the State Government has announced $40 million in expanded assistance for tourism and hospitality businesses throughout the state.
Businesses with a drop in turnover of at least 70 per cent in turnover since July due to the lockdowns and/or the Queensland-News South Wales border closure will be able to apply for one-off grants of up to $50,000 in October.
There is already $47.55 million available to the sector for COVID-19 lockdown support.
We would appreciate you passing information from our communication toolkit to your members so they know there is support available during this difficult time.
If you have any questions or communication needs please email email@example.com