You are here:Home/2016 Festival Parade Registration
2016 Festival Parade Registration
We invite you to take part in the Boonah Christmas Street Parade, which will open the 2016 Boonah Christmas Street Festival on the 15th December.
Local businesses, services, sporting clubs and special interest groups are encouraged to enter and bring fun, music and colour to our parade.
This year’s theme is ‘Our Heritage, Our Community’, to reflect the history and community that has evolved within Boonah and surrounding areas.
This is also an opportunity to promote our local businesses, produce and talents.
Details of the Parade
There are 2 x $250 Shopping Vouchers to be won for the Two Best Parade Entries.
These will be judged and rewarded based on the following 2 categories:
Our Heritage – This is any entry that captures the heritage and history of our local area
Our Community – This is an entry that reflects the culture, excitement and uniqueness of our local community
In the spirit of Christmas, be creative and have fun with your entry
Details for Participants:
– The date of the Festival is Thursday 15th December 2016
– Parade participants are to gather from 5:30pm at Boonah Showgrounds
– Entry to the showgrounds is by the Macquarrie Street entrance
– All motorised vehicles must be registered and roadworthy (this includes club registration for vintage, veteran & classic cars)
– Please identify your organisation’s name on a banner or sign
– Do not throw objects (for example lollies) from your moving vehicles, these can be handed out by hand
– All confectionary must be wrapped and must not contain any traces of nuts
– If you wish to involve animals, please advise the BDCC secretary
Please forward any other inquiries to Margaret Fry, BDCC Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org or for any additional information call 0417 425 127